Be the first to know
Receive emails from properties you follow when new suites are added to them.
Heritage building located adjacent to City Hall and Olympic Plaza. +15 connected. Under new ownership with Allied Properties REIT. Building to be upgraded including both aesthetic and building system renovations. Storage units available on the lower floor. Surface and underground parking available within 1 block. Built in 1912, the Burns Building was the corporate headquarters for Pat Burns’ empire, Burns Foods. The ground level provided retail space for Burns’ meat market. Burns leased out the remaining 35,000 square feet to a wide variety of tenants known as the “Who’s Who” in Calgary power at the time. The seven-storey building is situated on two lots in the central business district of downtown Calgary and embodies the Chicago style of architecture with grid-like fenestration pattern, terra cotta elements and prominent cornice. The Burns Building underwent extensive renovations between 1981 and 1984 and was purchased by Allied Properties REIT in 2012 who has since restored and upgraded the building.